Welcome to Our Practice
Changes have been made to our daily operating procedures. We are happy to announce that we are no longer requiring patients to call the office upon their arrival for their appointment. Patients may enter the office and the COVID-19 screening will be done inside, along with a temperature check. Masks are still required in all medical facilities for all individuals regardless of vaccination status, per Governor Kate Brown's mandate. We kindly ask that you follow the 6 feet social distancing within the office. If you are feeling ill with any flu like symptoms such as running a fever, experiencing a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell, please reschedule your appointment and contact your physician.
Please note: Unless necessary, we are still only allowing the patient in the treatment area at this time.
As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff continues to be of utmost importance. We appreciate the support and cooperation of our patients during these times, and look forward to the day when things can be fully back to normal.
Be safe, be healthy,
Dr. Jonathan Yang.
We are pleased to announce that Governor Brown has lifted the executive order, and is allowing for elective dental treatment to begin as of May 4, 2020.
At this time we will have limited office hours for appointments, however administrative staff will be available Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm, and Friday 8:00am-2:00pm.
If you reach the answering machine during these hours, we are assisting another patient. Your call is very important to us, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. If you've reached the answering machine after these hours, and are experiencing dental emergency, please call 503*701*7197. Leave a message and Dr. Yang will return your call. Please continue reading for an update of our daily operating procedures.
In order to maintain the social distancing guideline of 6 feet apart, our office doors will remain locked at all times. Therefore, upon arrival for your scheduled appointment, we are asking patients to please call the office to let us know you've arrived. A team member will be out to do a short COVID-19 questionnaire screening and temperature check. We will ask you to remain in your car until we are ready to bring you back into the treatment area. Please be advised, that ONLY the patient will be allowed in the office unless necessary (i.e interpreter, elderly or disabled patient needing additional assistance). NOTE: If you are unable to call the office upon arrival, please call our office prior to your appointment to make other arrangements.
These new procedures will remain in effect until further notice.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our new procedures, please call our office @ 541*536*0264.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is of utmost importance. We understand that these are stressful and trying times for all, and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we navigate this new way of caring for you. We are committed to helping stop the spread of this virus, and we would ask for you to continue reading our letter below for additional information on what our office is doing, and how you can help by adhering to the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We look forward to seeing each of you very soon!
Be safe, be healthy, be well.
Dr. Jonathan Yang
To our valued patients:
Dr. Yang and the entire staff of Northwest Dental Group have always been committed to strict sterilization protocol for the health and safety of our patients and staff. However, in light of the recent outbreak of the Corona virus (COVID-19), we would like to take this opportunity to advise our patients of additional measures which we are implementing to further protect our patients and community members.
- We are asking patients who have a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing or any other flu-like symptoms to kindly reschedule your dental appointment, and contact your physician. This protocol also applies if you have had any of these symptoms in the last 48 hours or have traveled outside the United States in the last two weeks to an area affected by COVID-19. This currently includes China, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam. We advise you to check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most current updates on the affected countries, as well as for the most current information on the COVID-19 virus. We will be waiving the late cancellation fee until further notice.
- Our staff members have also been instructed to stay home as well should they develop any of these symptoms. Know that there could be disruptions to our schedule due to this policy and therefore we are asking for your patience should this happen.
- We have always had hand sanitizer available to our patients in the waiting area, and we kindly ask that you please use it upon arriving for your appointment. Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) is the best combatant against the spread of COVID-19.
- We understand that this is also allergy season. If you do need to sneeze, please use the provided tissues, discard immediately in the trash, and use the hand sanitizer. As a matter of precaution, we would advise to carry these items (tissues, hand sanitizer) with you while out in the community and use after touching any door handles, shopping carts or any other high touch areas.
- We will continue to disinfect the counters, pens, door handles, chairs, remote control for the TV, and water cooler as well as any other high touch areas and objects in our waiting area with disinfectant wipes and will continue to do so with even more frequency.
It is of the utmost importance that we all are committed to helping each other stay healthy. By following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, we will be able to help stop the spread of this virus and many others.
As always, we thank you for your continued support, and ask if you have any concerns or questions regarding our protocol to please feel free to contact our office.
Dr. Jonathan Yang.
Northwest Dental Group
Welcome to Northwest Dental Group, in La Pine, Oregon
Dr. Jonathan Yang and the staff of Northwest Dental Group welcomes you to our website! At Northwest Dental Group our philosophy is to provide treatment to the whole person - with a special focus on how your teeth and gums relate to your total body health. We want you to be confident that your smile achieves your goals for comfort, function and appearance. We're here to make that happen.
We also understand that choosing a dentist is an important decision. After all, your smile is your greatest asset and says a lot about your overall health. From the moment you walk in the door, you'll be welcomed by a caring staff in a relaxed, stress-free environment where the whole family can feel at ease. Northwest Dental Group offers a full range of general & cosmetic dental treatments at our office to help you achieve your perfect smile, such as teeth whitening, crowns, preventive care or implants. We utilize the latest in dental technology and techniques in order to offer you the best preventive care and treatment available in La Pine.
To learn more about our comprehensive services and office procedures, take a few moments to look over the informative pages on our website. For additional information, you can always contact our office by calling or stopping in.
Relax with confidence at Northwest Dental Group. We're your neighbors and we're here to help you maximize the health of your smile.